IoT India Congress
The Platform of Platforms for the Internet of Things
In 2015, IET India volunteers designed and conceptualised a think tank called the IET IoT Panel of industry leaders in IoT space. The panel was formed with the objective of being a neutral and credible voice to evangelize Internet of Things in India and help accelerate the adoption of IoT. One of the outcomes of the year-long work of the panel is the flagship event called IoT India Congress. It brings together global industry leaders, researchers and technology evangelists, government policy makers and academia under one roof, making it a powerful source shaping the evolving IoT movement in India.
Over the last 3 editions, the event has grown into becoming a Platform of Platforms for the Internet of Things, gaining significant traction from the entire ecosystem. The first edition was devoted to unifying the fragmented IoT, the second edition focused on exploiting this platform for unravelling business outcomes while the third on demonstrating business opportunities and outcomes. The event has gained noteworthy support from the key ministries of the Government of India. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Electronics & IT, Department of Telecommunications, NITI Aayog – India’s apex planning body of India over these years.
With the clarity that IoT is now Business as Usual and a significant growth driver for enterprises across all segments, the 4th edition was themed as ‘Mainstreaming the Internet of Things’. The conference provided valuable insights on how you can apply IoT in your projects and companies right away. It also provided an opportunity to meet fantastic and globally renowned practitioners from the IoT ecosystem with whom you can explore and unlock opportunities that the world of IoT.
Key highlights of the 4th edition:
- We had a high-energy inaugural ceremony that left the audience in awe. A 10ft holographic logo of the IoT India Congress was unveiled when the attendees clicked the launch button on their app making it a truly democratic launch.
- A facial recognition powered entry debuted at the IoT India Congress this year, giving a sneak-peek into the opportunities of the future.
- In his Special Guest Address, Dr EV Ramana Reddy, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of ITBT highlighted the need for up-skilling in areas like IoT, AI and Data Science as well as initiatives taken by the GoK in this direction.
- Addressing the audience at the inaugural, Chief Guest, Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney said, “IoT is something that has enormous potential for India and the world. A combination of technologies can help us solve problems that we never imagined we could solve. We must understand the combination of emerging technologies like IoT, blockchain, 3D printing etc., pluck them out of their spaces and deploy them to solve problems.”
- Discussions and presentations in various industry tracks – manufacturing, smart cities, agriculture, defence, digital communication, energy, retail, healthcare, standards and regulatory, skills and development received an overwhelming response. The expert panels engaged with the audience while solving the business case study.
- Pop91 Innovation Challenge – A unique innovation contest that commenced 12 weeks before the event, concluded with the showcase of shortlisted projects at the Live Exhibition Zone. A distinguished jury panel judged the entries and declared the winners who were given a cash prize of INR 1,00,000 each.
- Live Exhibition Zone – 53 exhibitors demonstrated the state of the art technology solutions and proof of concepts for IoT implementation.
Catch the highlights of IoT India Congress 2019
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
This event is the holy grail for anything & everything on IoT.
Best wishes in the years ahead for scaling it to even greater heights!
Associate Partner, Equanimity Investments
It was a delightful learning experience while searching for some critical answer and same time propagating our thought.
GM, IoT & Enterprise Voice, Sify Technologies Limited
Healthcare| Analytics| Business transformation, Philips
Head - Digital Transformation (SEA), Dell EMC Singapore
Director - Business Development and Strategic Partnerships IoT, Entrust Datacard
Chief Technology Officer, Wipro-GE healthcare
General Manager, PerformSpecialty