- The Application Provider is hosting a conference on the Internet of Things called the ‘IoT India Congress’ (the “IOT Congress”) to inter aliadiscuss the technological developments in the Internet of Things and the impact that such developments would have on the technology landscape in India as well as the world and in this regard have developed the Licensed Application. The Licensed Application allows users to register as delegates and speakers for the IOT Congress.
- Any delegate or speaker who registers for IOT Congress through the Licensed Application will hereinafter be referred to as “User(s)”.
- The countries in the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) shall be hereinafter referred to as “Designated Countries”.
- For the purpose of this Policy, the term “you”and all grammatical variations of it, means Users of the Licensed Application, and the terms ‘We’, ‘Us’, and ‘Our’ refer to the Application Provider.
- The Policy describes the broadest potential use of personal data through the Licensed Application that are consistent with the terms of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to the websites of our business partners, corporate affiliates or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to the Licensed Application. We recommend you review the respective privacy statements of the other parties with whom you interact. The Application Provider may modify this Policy from time to time in order to address the new issues or ventures of IOT Congress. This change will be notified to the Users through emails and Users are required to review this Policy periodically as they will be bound by the terms of such updated Policy.
- TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
1.1 In order for User to register for the IOT Congress, we collect personal information like name, organisation, job title, date of birth, contact information including email address, phone number, as well as other relevant information, both online and offline, through the various channels (including but not limited to the Licensed Application) related to the IOT Congress.
1.2 We do not collect any personal information from the person who merely downloads the Licensed Application. However, if a person downloading the Licensed Application wishes to become a User they shall be requested to register. Registration entails filling up of a form that may contain some attributes of personal information. We do not collect personal data by methods that are indirect or not made obvious to you, and the Licensed Application does not attempt to combine your information with data obtained from sources outside the Application Provider network and their affiliate entities.
- CONSENT TO AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
2.2 By registering on the Licensed Application, Users from the Designated Countries agree and consent to the transfer and relocation of their data to a jurisdiction outside the Designated Countries. Further, the Application Provider will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
2.3 The information collected by us is used for the purposes as stated below:
(i) To process registration for IOT Congress;
(ii) Contact you for registration status;
(iii) To provide IOT Congress agenda and the latest feeds pertaining to the same;
(iv) To provide you information and updates on subsequent editions of IOT Congress and other similar events that may be held by the Application Provider
(iv) To better understand the preferences of Users of the Licensed Application;
(v) Monitor or improve the use of the Licensed Application;
(vi) To compile aggregated statistics about usage of the Licensed Application;
(vii) To help personalize your experience of the Licensed Application;
(viii) To improve services offered to you; and
(ix) Any other use the Application Provider may describe at the point when it collects data.
If any personal information you have submitted through the Licensed Application is no longer accurate, current, or complete, you are allowed to update these changes using the Licensed Application, but the Application Provider reserves the right to use the information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that it believes is appropriate.
- DATA RETENTION
We shall be entitled to retain your information for record with us and such information shall be used by us only in consonance with this Policy. Please note that you will have to specifically contact us at the contact address specified below, to delete your account.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
5.1 The Application Provider reserves the right to share your information with organizations affiliated to the Application Provider without your permission. The information collected will not be sold, exchanged or transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent including for use in the subsequent editions of IOT Congress and other similar events held by the Application Provider. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
(i) Online Payments: Online payments will be handled by our PCI DSS compliant third party payment provider CCAvenue and for the purpose of completion of payment, your personal information will be shared. The Application Provider will make clear on the payment pages that you will be transferred to CCAvenue and the terms and conditions of use of that site will be applicable to the transaction;
(ii) When requested or authorised by you;
(iii) If it is used for the purposes of completing, verifying or restricting any transaction made by you;
(iv) When lawfully permitted or required;
(v) When in compliance with any judicial order or legal requirement; or
(vi) When required to protect the interest of public including but not limited to detection of crimes and the apprehension of criminals.
5.2 However, if you wish at any time to withdraw your consent or do not want your information being disclosed to these entities or under the circumstances as mentioned above or do not want to be solicited for services which are offered by us or them, please notify us at the contact addresses as specified below. Please note that such withdrawal of consent may result in the Application Provider being unable to offer or continue to offer some or all of the services being offered through the Licensed Application.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES, PAYMENT GATEWAYS OR OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES
6.3 We do not provide any personal information or personally identifiable information to third party websites/advertisers/ad-servers without your consent.
- 7. SPECIAL PRIVACY/DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to Users from Designated Countries:
- Right to information: You can ask about the collection and usage of your personal data;
- Right to access: You can ask for a copy of your personal data in a machine readable form;
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to erase or delete all personal data in certain circumstances;
- Right to rectification: You can change your personal data submitted to us or request us to have such personal data rectified, updated, if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to restriction of processing: You can restrict us from using or processing your personal data at any time;
- Right to data portability: You can ask us to move, copy or transfer your personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability; and
- Right to object: You can opt-out to processing of your personal data (unless the Application Provider otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds).
Users from Designated Countries can exercise these rights by raising a request to the person designated under Clause 9.
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, the Application Provider takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The Application Provider reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. When you use the Licensed Application, you are accepting the current version of this Policy as posted on the Licensed Application at that time. It is recommended that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions, or concerns about this Policy or any complaints or grievances about the manner in which the Application Provider handles your personal information or the use of your personal information (in doing so acknowledging that the Application Provider may be unable to provide you all or some of the services), please feel free to contact the Grievance Officer any time at:
Name: Karuna S K
Contact Details: +91 (0) 80 40892201